Whether you are happy or not with the outcome of yesterday’s Presidential election, it’s worth noting that a number of “firsts” occurred yesterday. And by firsts, I mean some rather historic events.
1) Massachusetts elected its first female senator.
2) New Hampshire elected its first female governor.
3) Wisconsin elected the first openly lesbian senator and the first female senator from that state.
4) Hawaii elected its first female senator.
5) Marriage equality finally succeeded by voter referendum in Maine and Maryland (and it’s looking like Washington as well).
6) Voters in Minnesota voted down a constitutional amendment to ban same-sex marriage.